Standalones - MPC Live 2
Call all producers! Akai Professional strikes again with a vengeance, taking on the challenge of replacing its celebrated standalone flagship, the MPC Live, with the all-new MPC Live II.
Coming soon in stock In stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Building on its phenomenally successful predecessor, this latest-generation MPC incorporates a series of enhancements designed to provide even more control and mobility for producers and beatmakers, including the integration of high-quality studio monitors, the addition of CV/Gate connectors and the addition of Multi MIDI functionality.
Fully self-contained music production
Like the powerful MPC X and compact MPC One, the MPC Live II is a true, completely self-contained music production station. Its bright, 7-inch multitouch display gives producers and beatmakers access to all the features needed to create a beat from scratch, as well as kit selection and setup of the 16 backlit, touch- and velocity-sensitive multifunction pads. The MPC Live II also gets 5 new buttons to enhance the editing workflow, such as Mute, Time Correct and Mix, allowing the artist to edit and modify their tracks in the blink of an eye!
Always on the cutting edge with MPC Software
The MPC Live II works in concert with the acclaimed MPC Software, a unique software hardware ecosystem that allows users to benefit from the legendary MPC workflow. Recently updated to version 2.8, it brings to the MPC Live II the new Multi MIDI feature, which allows producers to connect and route all of their studio MIDI equipment from the MPC. Able to drive a variety of external MIDI devices as well, such as drum machines or synthesizers, the MPC Live II is the heart of any production setup.
A built-in monitoring system
A big new feature of this new MPC, the built-in monitoring system literally turns your MPC Live II into a small broadcast system, allowing you to not only have a set of reference studio monitoring speakers, but also to be able to share, create, and collaborate during your on-the-go sessions. These studio-quality speakers feature a dynamic frequency response that covers the entire musical range, meticulously reproducing highly detailed high-frequency audio, while delivering accurate bass.
High-capacity rechargeable battery
The most complete mobile production experience cannot exist without a reliable power source for long-lasting sessions on the go. The MPC Live II's onboard rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives you all the power you need to develop your music on the go for up to five hours, so you can work wherever inspiration strikes.
Autonomous and ultra-portable, the MPC Live II also gives you a veritable arsenal of connections, offering complete flexibility to connect with all your studio gear. The four TRS jack-sized CV/Gate connectors -offering 8 CV/Gate outputs via a non-included Y-cable- allow producers to integrate and drive their favorite sequencers and modular systems. Artists can also take advantage of the MPC and Ableton Live workflow with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
16GB of samples and loops
The MPC Live II comes with a robust 16GB sound bank of high-quality samples and loops, including a new sound bank from F9 Audio and the new Sonic Boom kit. For those who need even more access to data, your Splice account curations are at your fingertips, with direct access via the 7-inch multitouch screen and Wi-Fi connection.
- Display: 7"
- Power: AC adapter, Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Arpeggiator: No
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Bluetooth Midi: Yes
- Category: MPC
- Transport controls: Yes
- Compatibility: PC, Mac
- Controller: 16 pads
- Dimensions (mm): 411 x 243.8 x 45.7
- Inputs: stereo audio jack, stereo audio Rca, 2 x Midi, 2 x USB 3.0
- Mobile media playback: SD card, USB stick
- Software provided: MPC Software
- No. of pads: 16
- No. of potentiometers: 6
- No. of keys: 27
- Backlit pad: Yes
- Weight (kg): 3.38 kg
- Velocity sensitive: Yes
- Sequencer: Yes
- Outputs: 4 x CV/gate, 6 x audio jack, headphone jack, 2 x Midi, USB 3.0, Ableton Link (RJ45)
- Storage: optional hard drive, optional SSD
- Additional specs:
- Standalone MPC (no computer required)
- Administered by MPC Software 2.8
- 7" multitouch color display
- Built-in stereo monitor speakers
- 8 banks of 16 velocity-sensitive MPC pads with aftertouch and RGB backlighting
- 4 banks of 4 capacitive touch knobs
- Internal synthesis engines and effects bank
- DrumSynth drum synthesis instrument plugin
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery providing up to 5 hours of battery life
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (Rca) with ground connector and 6.35 mm TRS jack
- 3 stereo jack outputs (6 mono)
- Headphone output 6,35 mm headphones output
- 2 Midi inputs and 2 outputs
- 4 TRS CV/Gate jack outputs (8 outputs total with Y cable)
- 16 GB of built-in content
- 2.5" Sata bay (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 ports for USB stick or Midi controllers
- 1 USB port to connect to a computer
- SD card reader to load samples or projects
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi and Link connectors for cross-platform (network) collaborations
- Midi via Bluetooth 4.0
- Also usable as a control surface on Mac and PC